I will be teaching a mobile app design class this fall at Michigan State University. During this class, students will learn what to consider when designing a mobile app–from concept to completion. Some of the topics include:
- How to get to know your Audience
- Competitive Research
- Information Architecture for Mobile
- Visual Design for Mobile
- Mobile User Interface/Interaction Design
- User Input Beyond Touch (Sensors, Cameras, etc)
- Form/Data Entry Design
- Keeping information fresh
- Analysis and current trends for mobile devices
- User testing
- Selling and marketing mobile apps
As part of the class, students will design their own app.
If you know any students or know anyone who has students, please let them know about the class. Details about the class can be found on the Course Schedule site under JRN-492 Section 740.
Thanks to Dr. Lucinda Davenport for allowing me to teach this and to Karl Gude for pushing me to do it. Here’s the offical ad being posted around the school: